Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some new things on my horizon....

Thanks to well....EVERYONE, I guess!....Last year was a great year for my photography. My business has taken off in all different directions, and I've had some help designing the future of the biz!

First off, some BIG news is that there will be a name change for the business. This is in the beginning stages, and I'll keep everyone posted so the transition on the website/blog/contact #'s, etc. will be smooth. Although I know many of you have commented on really liking "Finding Joy", I think I am going to swing over to the more classic..."Joy Kaminski Portraiture." To be honest...it's just more "me." Since someone suggested "Finding Joy" a couple of years ago, many of you have commented on liking the name...the unique-ness (?) of it. But I must say...it's never really felt like "me." I can't really explain it. HOWEVER....

I've been in cahoots with the FABULOUS Jodi Bell out of Texas....she is a graphic designer extraordinaire. Check her out! www.chocolatecactus.com Now is THAT business name the cutest thing, or what! Chocolate Cactus. Love that.

Not only is she one of the COOLEST chicks you could ever meet, she really GETS her clients. I was thrilled when the first logo designs were sent to me. She is busy, busy, busy designing all kinds of goodies for me...not to mention her other trillion clients. I'm so thankful for her attention to "me." There will be lots of fun stuff that I'll be posting soon, but for now, here are three of the logo samples. Loving #1.....ADORING #3. Now THAT is me.



6 comments:

Jayme Tighe said...

Congratulations Joy!! So happy for you! Love all the new logos.... but really like #3 the best.

.E. said...

WOW.. I am so excited and happy for you.. If you think Finding Joy isnt you then it isnt.. I think using just your name is fine.. and I love the logos she designed. You go Girl.

Janelle Lorenzen said...

Just wanted to let you know that I think your work is great. And I love logo #3. Congrats.

Jennifer said...

I too love #3, it really fits you!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Joy! *I* am the lucky one here to be working with you. You are one great gal, and being a total hoot doesn't hurt either. *snork*

rsr said...

ooooh oooh ooooh! Joy!! Just stopped by from Brenda A's blog...I LOVE #3 on you too!! Great work, great site, great name, great great great!! :))
Rosie (IL) :)